Some students always do better in the ACT than others. Yes, they have studied harder and practiced longer. But knowing the right strategies also plays an important role in their better test-taking. Follow the following test-taking tips and become a better test taker:
- Know the directions and answer sheet ahead of time.
- Read carefully and thoroughly. Avoid careless mistakes.
- Pace yourself.
- Answer easier questions first, and harder questions later.
- Check your answer sheet regularly.
- Develop a strategy for guessing.
Relax the day before the ACT. Before you go to bed the night before the test, check through the list of things you need to take with you to the test site. Make sure your calculator has fresh batteries, eat breakfast, and head for the site.
Remember, after you practice at this Web site for 2 months or longer, you will give yourself the best preparation available for succeeding on the ACT. Let you preparation give your the confidence you need to be calm and focused during the test.